Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Will Zookeeper select the stopped hiveserver2?

Explorer

I have a node where I have installed hiveserver2. I have to stop the running hiveserver2 on that node, if I just stop the hiveserver2. It still shows up in the zookeeper if I do ls /hiverserver ... So zookeeper will still select that hiveserver even though its stopped? As I know zookeeper will select randomly registered hive server2.

Also If I want to install the hiverserver2 again.. I should just install it from Ambari right? is there any other steps need to follow to install hiveserver2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Madhura Mhatre,

When you start HiveServer2 , it will create a znode under /hiveserver2 with the below format

serverUri=hiveserver2host:10000;version=3.1.0.3.0.1.0-187;sequence=0000000000

After hiveserver2 is stopped, it will delete this znode but not the parent /hiveserver znode. If you want to install the hiveserver2 again, you can do it again from Ambari.

Please "Accept" the answer if this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

@Madhura Mhatre,

When you start HiveServer2 , it will create a znode under /hiveserver2 with the below format

serverUri=hiveserver2host:10000;version=3.1.0.3.0.1.0-187;sequence=0000000000

After hiveserver2 is stopped, it will delete this znode but not the parent /hiveserver znode. If you want to install the hiveserver2 again, you can do it again from Ambari.

Please "Accept" the answer if this helps 🙂

Explorer

Hi @Aditya Sirna, I have some followup questions.

1. I have multple hiveserver, so thats why I want to stop one.. but if I stop it I still see the znode. So I am not sure if Zookeeper will select this hiveserver2 randomly. Do I need to delete this hiveserver2 after stopping so it will get deleted from the znode?

2. For hiveserver2 to install is there any steps need to follow?

Thanks.

Super Guru

@Madhura Mhatre,

1) If you have multiple hiveservers, you will have multiple znodes(of the above mentioned forma) under /hiveserver2. When you stop the hiveserver2, respective znode will be deleted from zookeeper. If you stop all the hiveserver instances, then /hiveserver2 will have no znodes under it. You should not delete /hiveserver2 . hiveserver2 is the parent znode , respective hiveserver znodes will be under the parent znode ie /hiveserver2.

2) By installing do you mean you want to add another hiveserver2 to the cluster. If yes, then follow the below doc link

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.4/bk_hadoop-high-availability/content/additio....