Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Will i be charged to my credit card for choosing a VM (Eg. A6) while configuring Hortonworks Sandbox?

Explorer

I have activated a free trial subscription, so just wanted to know if I'll be charged 2.4 MYR/hr on my bank account for Standard A6 VM or it'll be free during the Subscription Period?

Thanks,

Nikhil

hortonworks-price.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Have you considered using the downloadable VM? VirtualBox is free, and there is a free VM-Ware player for Windows. The only caveat is that your host machine needs at least 10Gb RAM - ideally 16Gb - and about the same in disk space.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Contributor

@Sam Mingolelli, if this is for Azure there is a 30 day free trial period. You can verify this by looking at the billing page.

Ron

Explorer

Thank you for your help.

Contributor

Have you considered using the downloadable VM? VirtualBox is free, and there is a free VM-Ware player for Windows. The only caveat is that your host machine needs at least 10Gb RAM - ideally 16Gb - and about the same in disk space.

Explorer

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm fairly new to this & self-training myself on Hadoop without any mentor. I'm looking at the tutorials on Lynda.com & other online resources to understand & get some hands-on experience. Can you guide me with how can i get a downloadable VM?

Guru

You can get a sandbox from http://hortonworks.com/downloads/#sandbox

But you will need at least 8GB for the sandbox, so make sure you are on a machine that has 12-16GB RAM if you get that. If you don't have a machine with that amount of RAM, Azure/AWS is your option.

Any further questions, please open a new thread for each question, so it won't be a long thread of question and answers.

Guru

There is no additional charge from Hortonworks for selecting sandbox VM. However, after 30 days of free trial, you may get billed from Azure for any usage as a resource usage time (not for selecting this specific Hortonworks sandbox)

Explorer

Thank you for your help.