I'm running HDP 2.5 and are having problems with the timezone/dates for the audit records in ranger. The underlaying storage of the data is Solr. This is my setup/environment:
- My current timezone is UTC +2.
- I log audit data to both HDFS and Solr
- Audit data on HDFS shows the correct date
- A query direct in Solr gives me dates in correct UTC time.
- Ranger Admin interface / Audit shows the dates that is 2 hours into the future.
Ranger Admin Audit date: 09/20/2016 09:36:29 AM
My quess is that when Ranger reads the data from Solr, Solr converts the date to localtime (UTC +2), and then Ranger do the same conversion once more. Not the first system that have done this misstake.
Can anybody give me some help/pointer on where to look to fix this issue?