Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

YARN Queue Manager not showing in Ambari url...if I configure manually

Rising Star

Configure the Capacity Scheduler via Ambari url working fine and show up as expected, when I try to configure manually and following steps like updating .xml,refreshQueues/refreshNodes not show up in Ambari url.

Manually update Status :

<ip>:8088 ==> showing up

yarn queue -status DW ==> showing up

<ip>: 8080 ==> not show up in Ambari url

If I do reverse like updating/adding in Ambari...it show up all the places...any recommendation for manual update to show up same values in Amabri url.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Palanivelrajan Chellakutty

The key here is that, In an Ambari Managed Cluster environment , Manually editing the XML configuration files (either on single host or throughout the cluster nodes) will not survive longer". Because as soon as you start or stop services via the ambari server will send the new configurations to the agent via rest call to start/stop the services. So your changes will anyway will be overridden.

So manual changes in the XML will work only when you will try to start those services on your own by starting them on individual hosts, But as soon as you will start them via Ambari the changes will be overridden.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rising Star

HDP Experts, any recommendation/advice on this...

Master Mentor

When you manage the cluster using Ambari then you should make modification in the configurations changes Only via Ambari UI or using ambari APIs, Because if you manually make the configuration changes on a particular host XML file then ambari will not be aware of that change and hence if you restart your services from ambari UI then ambari will again push the Older XML configuration (that are present in the ambari UI service configurations) while starting the services/components, This will cause your manual changes to be undone.

Rising Star

Thank you Jay, that's true...I noticed after setting up manually host XML file..try to restart services/components thru ambari UI push the older xml configuration.

my case, I have updated all host xml configuration manually, still not worked...some were settings are missing or ambari ui vs manual process not in sync...

Master Mentor

The key here is that, In an Ambari Managed Cluster environment , Manually editing the XML configuration files (either on single host or throughout the cluster nodes) will not survive longer". Because as soon as you start or stop services via the ambari server will send the new configurations to the agent via rest call to start/stop the services. So your changes will anyway will be overridden.

So manual changes in the XML will work only when you will try to start those services on your own by starting them on individual hosts, But as soon as you will start them via Ambari the changes will be overridden.

Rising Star

Thank you Jay...