Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

YARN SLS can't find the html resources

New Contributor

Hello, I've been trying for a couple of days to run the YARN SLS web app to profile the different schedulers.  I followed the give by Apache here http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.3.0/hadoop-sls/SchedulerLoadSimulator.html and was able to resolve all apparent pathing issues.  However when I start the SLS app I get the exception below.  I tried starting using the slsrun.sh script and using the hadoop jar option and get the same results.  I have tried putting the html folder containing those files in several places defined in the hadoop classpath as well as setting the PATH variable to include the folder but I get the same result.

Besides the exception the symptoms I see are the there no web pages displayed on port 10001 (which I confirmed is not in use otherwise) and in the ouput folder I get metrics files being created but no track files.

Here is my command using the hadoop jar option:

$ hadoop jar /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.0-1.cdh5.3.0.p0.30/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-sls-2.5.0-cdh5.3.0.jar org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.SLSRunner -inputrumen hadoop-sls-2.5.0-cdh5.3.0-javadoc/hadoop-sls-2.5.0-cdh5.3.0/sls/sample-data/2jobs2min-rumen-jh.json -output /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.0-1.cdh5.3.0.p0.30/sls_output

Here is the exception I get:

15/02/03 08:58:50 INFO resourcemanager.ResourceManager: Using Scheduler: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.scheduler.ResourceSchedulerWrapper
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.web.SLSWebApp.<init>(SLSWebApp.java:86)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.scheduler.ResourceSchedulerWrapper.initMetrics(ResourceSchedulerWrapper.java:477)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.scheduler.ResourceSchedulerWrapper.setConf(ResourceSchedulerWrapper.java:176)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:73)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:133)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.createScheduler(ResourceManager.java:272)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager$RMActiveServices.serviceInit(ResourceManager.java:422)
    at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.createAndInitActiveServices(ResourceManager.java:914)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.serviceInit(ResourceManager.java:234)
    at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.SLSRunner.startRM(SLSRunner.java:167)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.SLSRunner.start(SLSRunner.java:141)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.sls.SLSRunner.main(SLSRunner.java:528)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:212)
15/02/03 08:58:51 INFO event.AsyncDispatcher: Registering class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.event.SchedulerEventType for class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager$SchedulerEventDispatcher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

I have the same issues with CDH 5.1.3

New Contributor