Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Yarn Application get Accepted state.

Rising Star

When I running yarn app, I often get some app in queue( state ACCEPTED). But you can see I still have free resource.

So why app in queue ?

10591-yarn-rm4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Hoang Le if you look at the Max Application Master Resources,Used Application Master Resources both are same(4G), so this is hitting resource cap for application master and waiting to allocate Application Master container.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Guru

@Hoang Le if you look at the Max Application Master Resources,Used Application Master Resources both are same(4G), so this is hitting resource cap for application master and waiting to allocate Application Master container.

Rising Star

@Rajkumar Singh So how can I define Max Application Master Resources.

In default Configured Max Application Master Limit is set to 20%. If I increase figure, Max Application Master Resources increase. But how this Max Application Master Resources is calculated ?

Super Guru

@Hoang Le the maximum is calculated based on yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent, seems you are launching am for one of the job which is configured to get 4GB of memory thats why you are seeing used am resources as 4GB which is the max-am-resource.

Rising Star
@Rajkumar Singh

I find this doc from hortonworks

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_yarn-resource-management/content/setting...

and this from apache hadoop:

10596-yarn-scheduler.png

I know if I change yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent then Max Application Master Resources will change. But I want to know which configure it depend to calculate.

For example if true I set yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent = 1 (100%)

then Max Application Master Resources balance with yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb

Super Guru

@Hoang Le this is to Get the maximum am resource percent per queue configured capacity. yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb is the memory that a nodemanger announce to RM.