Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Yarn queue manager error: Couldn't connect to the cluster RA040 I/O error while requesting Ambari

Rising Star

I have used an alias for ambari server but when i try to launch yarn queue manager, it is expecting certificate for actual hostname. Also i have attached the logs , if that helps.

queuemanagerissue.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Bhavin Tandel

I had a similar issue recently and while the Ambari YARN Queue Manager View doesn't offer a configurable URL, a workaround I found was to add the cluster as a Remote Cluster (using the alias URL when defining the Ambari Cluster URL) and then point the View to the remote cluster.

This seemed to work just fine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Bhavin Tandel

Seems like you have enabled https for YARN components, can you please check if the certificate has corresponding correct hostnames? after that make sure to have root cert configured in Ambari server's Truststore.

Rising Star

@apappu So I have enabled ssl for yarn plugin for ranger. And I am using alias for ambari server for which i have store a certificate i keystore

@Bhavin Tandel

in the attached log it clearly says " No name matching rdeluhxxxxx.rz-c007-j650.xx-xx.xx found" Please check your certificate used for YARN SSL whether it has correct hostname?

Master Mentor

Rising Star

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot @apappu

Thank you guys for the response and I completely agree with your answer.

I have an Ambari on rdeluhxxxxx.rz-c007-j650.xx-xx.xx which has an alias as ambari.xyz.com and I have created the certificate with the alias (ambari.xyz.com). But queue manager is expecting cert for that hostname (rdeluhxxxxx.rz-c007-j650.xx-xx.xx).

So is there any property where I can change this ?

Super Collaborator

@Bhavin Tandel

I had a similar issue recently and while the Ambari YARN Queue Manager View doesn't offer a configurable URL, a workaround I found was to add the cluster as a Remote Cluster (using the alias URL when defining the Ambari Cluster URL) and then point the View to the remote cluster.

This seemed to work just fine.