Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Yarn rest api itself initiating duplicate job

Explorer

When I submitted a job through Yarn rest api , It is being in accepted state which is with user dr.who and after 5-10 seconds a new job with new application Id is initiating with my username and  the new job is being succeeded. dr.who job is being failed I am new to hadoop can anyone experienced this issue before suggest me to come out of this. Screenshot from 2023-02-06 17-50-22.png

8 REPLIES 8

Cloudera Employee

@Kirankathe Could you please share error message reflecting application log and diagnostic message as well. Click on Accepted state application_id you will be able see diagnostic message

Explorer

Screenshot from 2023-02-06 21-56-59.png

Explorer

For yarn initiated job

- - -> Application node label expression: <DEFAULT_PARTITION>

- - ->Am container node label expression : <DEFAULT_PARTITION>

For job submitted from local :

- - -> Application node label expression: <Not set>

- - ->Am container node label expression : <DEFAULT_PARTITION>

I think if I change the 'application node label expression' for the yarn submitted application problem may be solved, I tried to change that but there is no use of it , if anyone knows how to change the 'application node label expression' please do suggest how to do that 

Explorer

Screenshot from 2023-02-06 22-08-30.png

Rising Star

Have you checked for any application initiation being done within the code that you are trying to submit?

Explorer

No the code is not submitting the job it might any configurations bro

Rising Star

Did you get to check the application logs? This should give you more information to determine the exact flow.

Explorer

Sorry for late reply , in logs it is running but the actual final status in the resource manager is UI is failed.