Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zeppelin Note Permission doesn't work with when using LDAP

Expert Contributor

Hi, in HDP 2.6.3, multinode, not kerberized environment I have integrated Zeppelin authentication with Microsoft AD. Datascientists can login and use Zeppelin properly but when they want to share notes Zeppelin doesn't fill dropbox when enter the first 3 initals.

79484-zeppelin-notebook-paylasim-01.png

79483-zeppelin-notebook-paylasim-02.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I believe that Zeppelin is only able to populate users and groups lists when they are provided explicitly in the shiro.ini (e.g., when using local authentication).

However, even when the users/groups are not populating automatically, typing in the full username and pressing enter will successfully enter the username in the authorized list, and, once saved, the user will be granted access to the note.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

I believe that Zeppelin is only able to populate users and groups lists when they are provided explicitly in the shiro.ini (e.g., when using local authentication).

However, even when the users/groups are not populating automatically, typing in the full username and pressing enter will successfully enter the username in the authorized list, and, once saved, the user will be granted access to the note.

Expert Contributor

Hi @William Brooks Thank you, yes it works by writing whole username. But after username I had to press space button istead of enter.

79498-zeppelin-notebook-paylasim-03.png

Expert Contributor

Excellent - glad that's working!

There is a patch being tested for this issue here, too:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3128