Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zookeeper Smoke test failing when on the 9th step of Install, start and test ambari setup

Rising Star

I get the following screen while installing because of the error

2264-1583a432aa7fcefcb18894f98d4a593c26ff45e3efdcd72b80.png

The installation has not completed because of the zookeeper failing to pass the smoke test thus halting the processes further and giving 100% complete and with warning error on the installation page I have attached the zookeeper.txt file which shows the error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Kunal Gaikwad

Failed connect to node3.dtitsupport247.net:50075; No route to host !!
Your hostnode3 is not reachable .. most probable issue wit the network setting routing tables.
- Verify the entries in your /etc/hosts
- Check the default gateway
- check the firewall is off
Just check that you didn't miss a step in the attached doc
Then retry !!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal

Yes i was able to read that from my laptop only the ones with node2 and node 3 were not accessible

Master Mentor

@Kunal Gaikwad That's the issue..

Whats the final resolution of the real problem?

Rising Star

I did a lot of steps to be true, not sure which resolved it actually!

I'll list all that I did:

I installed knox manually, changed the firewall settings, checked if all port were accessible from all the nodes. From what I think changing the port number for fs.default.name from 50070 to 8020 resolved it.

Master Mentor

@Kunal Gaikwad

Failed connect to node3.dtitsupport247.net:50075; No route to host !!
Your hostnode3 is not reachable .. most probable issue wit the network setting routing tables.
- Verify the entries in your /etc/hosts
- Check the default gateway
- check the firewall is off
Just check that you didn't miss a step in the attached doc
Then retry !!

Rising Star

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Yes, each of those steps have been followed the issues is still the same.

Master Mentor

@Kunal Gaikwad

I know it's a tough thing to ask but the error is a connection problem so go again through the check list. Additionally restart the NTP servers on the 3 hosts. Check for whitespace in node3.dtitsupport247.net config files

- /etc/hosts

- /etc/sysconfig/network

- /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth*

- Disable TPH

Keep me posted

Rising Star
@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I have checked the configs I have seen it all fine except i was unable to navigate to http://node1.dtitsupport247.net:50070/webhdfs/ even locally so I checking for the Knox services, I could see the Knox gateway been installed and all the user and directories in place. But i did a yum install knox, changed the port from 50070 back to 8020 and check few config files also referring some related issues in the forum and restarted the cluster and bought up all the components up! Its working now! Finally!

Rising Star

Thank you all! @Geoffrey Shelton Okot @Artem Ervits @Neeraj Sabharwal for the expert solutions here!