Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zookeeper client Install failed: cannot create directory `/usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client': File exists

Explorer

The install part is failing at the zookeeper client install using ambari-blueprints. It says

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client': File exists

Here's the error log from the Ambari UI zookeeper-err.txt.

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

@Swaapnika Guntaka

Please check if the "zookeeper-client" is a directory or a symlink?

If it's a directory then please move that directory temporarily and then try again something like following (Your HDP version might be different in the following path though), So that the installer will be able to create the required symlink.

# ls -l /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 30 Jan  9 07:15 /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client -> /usr/hdp/2.6.1.0-129/zookeeper

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharmaIt’s a symlink. How do I handle a symlink?

Master Mentor

@Swaapnika Guntaka

Please try to unlink it and then install the zookeeper client from ambari ui.

# unlink /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client

for zookeper-server what can Ido?

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharmaThis symlink dates to the current installation not a remain of the previous install.Just curious on why this is causing a conflict.

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma The unlink and re-install doesn't seem to work. It gives me an error saying

"The directory already exists and it's not a symlink". 

As I mentioned earlier, it's being created when I hit install but ahead of time. Is there any reason why this is happening? I'm using HDP-2.6.4 and Ambari-2.5.2

Master Mentor

@Swaapnika Guntaka

Yes, that error may occur if the "zookeeper-client" is a Directory instead of Symlink. So in that case you need to do this:

# mv /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client_BAK

Then you can either try creating that symlink on your own Or try instsalling the client again.