Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zookeeper not starting

Contributor

\ZooKeeper Server Process Connection failed: Expected response imok, Actual response ruok is not executed because it is not in the whitelist. to XXXXXXXXXXX:2181 when i start zookeeper on ambari its successfully stated but service is stopped immediately. its showing above error /

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Manoj690 

It's always a good idea to share the HDP and Zk version plus the zk logs in /var/log/* having said that can you share your zoo.cfg ?
If you really need enable all four letter word commands by default, you can use the asterisk option so you don't have to include every command one by one in the list.See below

4lw.commands.whitelist=*

As you have not shared your logs that's a starting point, then restart your zookeeper and let me know!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@Manoj690 

It's always a good idea to share the HDP and Zk version plus the zk logs in /var/log/* having said that can you share your zoo.cfg ?
If you really need enable all four letter word commands by default, you can use the asterisk option so you don't have to include every command one by one in the list.See below

4lw.commands.whitelist=*

As you have not shared your logs that's a starting point, then restart your zookeeper and let me know!