Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Zookeeper same seesionId cause Master exception?

Rising Star

Hi,

Recently, in our production environment, there was an abnormal exit of the Hbase Master. In the log, I found that the ZK connection had some problems.According to the sessionid, I found that the sessionid of one of our applications was the same as the sessionid established by the master at the time in question, and then the application side closed the session, and then the master hung. Is this possible? Why does a session with the same ZooKeeper sessionid appear?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @Meepoljd 

As per the description of the issue, I believe you are hitting ZOOKEEPER-1622 . Cloudera has already released TSB-2022-577 for this. As mentioned in the TSB, the session IDs should be unique but due to this bug, two clients might use the same session ID and hence causing the unexpected session termination.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

Hi @Meepoljd 

As per the description of the issue, I believe you are hitting ZOOKEEPER-1622 . Cloudera has already released TSB-2022-577 for this. As mentioned in the TSB, the session IDs should be unique but due to this bug, two clients might use the same session ID and hence causing the unexpected session termination.