Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

additional ranger hive plugin

Super Collaborator

i got 2.3.4 installed and ranger-hive-plugin is installed on one of the master node where hiveserver is running on port 10001

i would like to enable ranger-hive-pluin on another master node where hiveserver is running on port 10000.

is there any way to enable plugin on master node1 in Ambari? i did try to edit install.properties of hive in mast1 and enabled it and bounced hive which did not help.

hiveserver2 running on mast1 is not registered with Ambari-- just FYI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati

You have full control through Ambari. I highly recommend to install HS2 using ambari

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Mentor
@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati

You have full control through Ambari. I highly recommend to install HS2 using ambari

Super Collaborator

@Neeraj Sabharwal how do i add another hive-plugin from ambari?

if i install new hiveserver2 through ambari , can i make different settings for each hiveserver2? live one can get no authentication and other with AD authentication?

Master Mentor

@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati See this http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_Ambari_Users_Guide/content/_adding_a_hive...

and once you enable Range plugin then it will be enabled globally for hive.

Master Mentor

1594-screen-shot-2016-01-27-at-123936-pm.png

1595-screen-shot-2016-01-27-at-124215-pm.png

You can see the above screen shots.

Super Collaborator

@Neeraj Sabharwal i understand what you are saying...but our requirement is below...

Mast2 , HS2 port 10001 Authentication None - users connect through Knox 8443

Mast1, HS2 port 10000, i can stop the instance and deploy HS2 it through Ambari...if i do that can each hiveserver2 in ambari can have individual settings? because on Mast1 i would like to enable HS2 with LDAP authentication, if we can do that that will make my work easy...i can simply enable Ranger authorization in Hive settings in ambari which will control both.

Master Mentor

Super Collaborator

@Neeraj Sabharwal this is a beautiful future...but we are hitting a bug with Hive settings in Ambari...Support is working on a case...in the mean is there any way where i can make my group as default group in Ambari?

Master Mentor

@Raja Sekhar Chintalapati Did you mean feature or future? 🙂

Not sure why do you want to do this? You can create a config group, assign HS2 and make changes only to that host hive-site using ambari.