Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ambari server problem 3

Contributor

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connections using insecure transport are prohibited while --require_secure_transport=ON. at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:965) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3973)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Manoj690 

As we see the mentioned message "require_secure_transport=ON" in your exception

which indicates that you might have configured your MySQL to allow secure connections.  You can find that setting inside the "/etc/my.cnf"

Option-1). Hence ether you will need to disable that setting from mysql config and restart MySQL. If it is ON means it is enabled.

# grep 'require_secure_transport' /etc/my.cnf
require_secure_transport = OFF

# systemctl restart mysql.service

Option-2). OR you will need to Get the MySQL service certificate and then make sure that you import the MySQL certificate inside the AmbariServer truststore OR insie the JDK cacert in which your AmbariServer is running.

Example: Importing MySQL CA Certificate in AmbariServer's JDK Truststore :

# /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/bin/keytool -import -file /tmp/mysql_cert.pem -alias mysql_ambari -keystore /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/jre/lib/security/cacerts

The restart AmbariServer.

# ambari-server restart

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Manoj690 

As we see the mentioned message "require_secure_transport=ON" in your exception

which indicates that you might have configured your MySQL to allow secure connections.  You can find that setting inside the "/etc/my.cnf"

Option-1). Hence ether you will need to disable that setting from mysql config and restart MySQL. If it is ON means it is enabled.

# grep 'require_secure_transport' /etc/my.cnf
require_secure_transport = OFF

# systemctl restart mysql.service

Option-2). OR you will need to Get the MySQL service certificate and then make sure that you import the MySQL certificate inside the AmbariServer truststore OR insie the JDK cacert in which your AmbariServer is running.

Example: Importing MySQL CA Certificate in AmbariServer's JDK Truststore :

# /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/bin/keytool -import -file /tmp/mysql_cert.pem -alias mysql_ambari -keystore /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/jre/lib/security/cacerts

The restart AmbariServer.

# ambari-server restart

Contributor

if i run this command its asking keyword password:  (what was the password)

/usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/bin/keytool -import -file /tmp/mysql_cert.pem -alias mysql_ambari -keystore /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/jre/lib/security/cacerts
Enter keystore password:

Master Mentor

Password is "changeit" which is default cacert password.

Contributor

Thanks a lot

finally ambari server started