Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

application ID not clearing in resource manager webUI

I am unable clear the job which is running state in resourceManager UI, but actually no jobs are running. if I execute the command "hadoop job -list" in the linux command prompt, i dont see any active jobs that are running. In the ResourceManager UI, I have also tried that the with Killapplication button but doesnot worked out. . Please let me know how to clear the jobs which is not active.i tried restating all hadoop services,but no luck.

9487-hadoop.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Premc J

Those must be TEZ containers initialized for hive shells. Do you have any open hive sessions? can you please check all the edge node and try to kill them? Also please check tez.am.container.idle.release-timeout-max.millis property.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@Premc J

Those must be TEZ containers initialized for hive shells. Do you have any open hive sessions? can you please check all the edge node and try to kill them? Also please check tez.am.container.idle.release-timeout-max.millis property.

@Kuldeep Kulkarni..Thanks for your reply.i have found the job using command yarn application -list then killed the job using command yarn application -kill <application iD> and its works . 🙂