Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

beeline and kerberos connections problem

New Contributor

Hi dear Community,

When I want to connect hive with beeline I get this error. Could you help me please.

Thanks in advance.

[hive@bdhost008 bin]$ beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://bdhost008:10000/default;principal=hive/bdhost008@TEST.COM"

WARNING: Use "yarn jar" to launch YARN applications.
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.2.0-1.cdh6.2.0.p0.967373/jars/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.8.2.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.2.0-1.cdh6.2.0.p0.967373/jars/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://bdhost008:10000/default;principal=hive/bdhost008@TEST.COM
19/06/28 20:16:45 [main]: WARN jdbc.HiveConnection: Failed to connect to bdhost008:10000
Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://bdhost008:10000/default;principal=hive/bdhost008@TEST.COM: Failed to open new session: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot modify hive.query.redaction.rules at runtime. It is not in list of params that are allowed to be modified at runtime (state=08S01,code=0)
Beeline version 2.1.1-cdh6.2.0 by Apache Hive
beeline>

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Contributor

Hi,

Try to not put /default at the end of connection string, because it looks that your user cannot switch to default database during connection.

Regards,

Bart

View solution in original post

Super Guru
Hi,

It looks like that you have set configuration hive.query.redaction.rules somewhere, though I can't see it from the command you ran. Couple of things to check:

1. run "which beeline" to confirm that you are running original beeline command, not a custom one

2. check under ~/.beeline directory to see if there is any user level files that might override the default settings

3. use different users to run beeline to see if there is any differences.

Thanks
Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

Hi,

Try to not put /default at the end of connection string, because it looks that your user cannot switch to default database during connection.

Regards,

Bart

Super Guru
Hi,

It looks like that you have set configuration hive.query.redaction.rules somewhere, though I can't see it from the command you ran. Couple of things to check:

1. run "which beeline" to confirm that you are running original beeline command, not a custom one

2. check under ~/.beeline directory to see if there is any user level files that might override the default settings

3. use different users to run beeline to see if there is any differences.

Thanks
Eric