Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

can we enable nifi in hdp 3.0?

Contributor

hi ,i am currently using hdp 3.0 and ambari 2.7,i need to install the nifi service on my cluster ,just followed the hortonworks document they said following query ambari-server install-mpack --mpack=http://.../hdf-mpack-name.tar.gz --purge --verbose

added my centos7 package in the mpack.

what we need to setup after?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@choppadandi vamshi krishna

@Raymond Honderdors

I choose to disagree on creating your own because of compatibility and support issues. According to the support matrix the valid HDF versions for HDP 3.0 are

96658-hdf.png

HTH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

After successfully running the --mpack you will need to go to the bottom left of the Ambari UI and click on Stack and Version, for illustration see the attached screenshot. Nifi and Nifi Registry should be available for installation.

You should be able to proceed with the nifi setup and choose whether you want it clustered or a single node.

96639-nifi.png

In my example, I added a 6 node cluster to an existing HDP cluster. Follow the screen flow at the end of the installation and restart of the nifi services you should see all the Nifi node in your Ambari UI. I would advise you don't install the Certificate authority which will mean all login will be anonymous. Setting the Certificates needs access to the AD or creating the first Admin user who is the Nif superuser to create and grant privileges in Nifi

HTH

new-03.pngnew-01.pngnew-02.png

Contributor

@choppadandi vamshi krishna and @Geoffrey Shelton Okot,

you should load the mpack HDF (or create your own), this will extend HDP with NiFi v1.7 / NiFi Reg v0.2, if you want NiFi version 1.8 then you will need to adjust ambari resources in the mpack folder structure to extend HDP with NiFi v 1.8

Master Mentor

@Raymond Honderdors

I choose to disagree on creating your own because of compatibility and support issues. According to the support matrix the valid HDF versions for HDP 3.0 are

96658-hdf.png

HTH

Contributor

You are right, it is just a label issue in the HDF mack extention