Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

cloudera-manager-agent installation failing because of dependency with libiperf.so.0()(64bit)

New Contributor

Hello All,

I am trying to install the CDP Private Cloud trial version of the Cloudera agent on RHEL 8.5 and was getting a few dependency errors. After installing all the requirements, initial errors were gone but somehow below error is not getting resolved even though we have installed the IPREF3 ( iperf3-3.5-6.el8.i686.rpm) package but still getting the error for "libiperf.so.0". Below is the command we are running:

sudo yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=cloudera*  install cloudera-manager-agent
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:26:55 ago on Thu 23 Dec 2021 11:47:10 AM EST.
Error:
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libiperf.so.0()(64bit) needed by cloudera-manager-agent-7.4.4-15850731.el8.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

I searched the forum but did not get an answer hence posting this query, any help or lead to help is highly appreciated. Please help, Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @PT_L 

I strongly recommend that you consult the section headed CDP Private Cloud Base Supported Operating Systems on the page titled Operating System Requirements in the section of Cloudera's documentation devoted to CDP Private Cloud.

If you click the hyperlink in that section labeled Cloudera Support Matrix, I think that you'll find that the release of CDP Private Cloud Base that the trial version is based on isn't supported on the release of RHEL you are targeting, and perhaps you have stumbled upon one of the reasons why that is the case.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Thanks @ask_bill_brooks for the reply, I'll check.