Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

download cdh6.1.1

New Contributor

To be honest right at the beginning of this post: I am new at Cloudera and would like to download CDH6.1.1 for a customer as a trial (no production from my perspective). However, I got stuck in the paywall, which requires credentials, which I cannot request as the request page requires the credentials I am asking for. So can someone give me credentials, a download-link to be used without credentials or a hint for any third option?

Likely this was answered somewhere in the community but most threads I found did not work out for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@blubberschwaetz,  

Cloudera's lifecycle support policies are documented here:

https://www.cloudera.com/legal/policies/support-lifecycle-policy.html

Cloudera Enterprise 6.1 is supported until the end of December 2021, so yes an installation of CDH6.1.1 will quickly become an outdated, unmaintained platform and you should inform your customer of that fact if they are not aware of it already. You can find the most recent official reminder of the previous announcement that Cloudera Enterprise 6.x will be reaching End of Support (EoS) in 2021 here:

March 2021 Customer Advisory - 2: End of Support for Cloudera Products (CDH/CM 6.x & HDP 3.x)

I don't know that anyone at Cloudera can help you if you are struggling to get along with Cloudera's policies; those policies govern the use of Cloudera's software. If you are not a formal Cloudera partner and you do not have a valid subscription, no one at Cloudera will be able to give you credentials or "a download link to be used without credentials" to be able to access Cloudera's private repository in order to install CDH 6.1.1 on your premises. And that is true regardless of whether or not the resulting installed system would be used for testing third-party software or for production use.

If you're not willing to enter into a partnership agreement with Cloudera, your next most straightforward solution would be to acquire a Cloudera subscription yourself. You can get started toward that goal by contacting the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about your subscription options.

Otherwise, no, I have no ideas on how who to solve your case.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @blubberschwaetz ,

Hopefully you are aware that earlier this year, Cloudera modified its policies and the binaries you are seeking to download are now only available in a private repository. If not, please read the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF

The credentials to access this private repository are not generally the same ones you use to access Cloudera's website or the Cloudera community. To access the binaries via the private repository, your customer must first have an active subscription agreement with Cloudera. You can read more about how customers can obtain the credentials necessary to access the private repository here:

Obtain Credentials

If you do not have credentials to access this private repository and you're an existing Cloudera Partner, please reach out to your Partner program contact at Cloudera to find out how to proceed.

If you and your customer are genuinely looking to evaluate a current data platform as a trial, you can currently do so without a preexisting Cloudera subscription by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Hi @ask_bill_brooks ,

thanks for anwering that fast. I was aware, that Cloudera modified their policies. However, I struggled to get along with that for my usecase.

My customer has the old installation of CDH6.1.1 from before the change to the new policy. Now I would like to install in my premisis a kind of test system to check, wether my software would run on their system after delivery. So nobody has a subscription (however this is recommended or not...), I am no Cloudera partner. My only wish is to install a same system than my customer without going too much into his responsibility on having an outdated, unmaintained platform.

The trial version does not help me that much as I suppose it contains different software releases and it would ran out after 60 days.

Do you have ideas on how to solve my case?

@blubberschwaetz,  

Cloudera's lifecycle support policies are documented here:

https://www.cloudera.com/legal/policies/support-lifecycle-policy.html

Cloudera Enterprise 6.1 is supported until the end of December 2021, so yes an installation of CDH6.1.1 will quickly become an outdated, unmaintained platform and you should inform your customer of that fact if they are not aware of it already. You can find the most recent official reminder of the previous announcement that Cloudera Enterprise 6.x will be reaching End of Support (EoS) in 2021 here:

March 2021 Customer Advisory - 2: End of Support for Cloudera Products (CDH/CM 6.x & HDP 3.x)

I don't know that anyone at Cloudera can help you if you are struggling to get along with Cloudera's policies; those policies govern the use of Cloudera's software. If you are not a formal Cloudera partner and you do not have a valid subscription, no one at Cloudera will be able to give you credentials or "a download link to be used without credentials" to be able to access Cloudera's private repository in order to install CDH 6.1.1 on your premises. And that is true regardless of whether or not the resulting installed system would be used for testing third-party software or for production use.

If you're not willing to enter into a partnership agreement with Cloudera, your next most straightforward solution would be to acquire a Cloudera subscription yourself. You can get started toward that goal by contacting the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about your subscription options.

Otherwise, no, I have no ideas on how who to solve your case.

New Contributor

thanks @ask_bill_brooks ,

it was a pleasure entering this channel. Even if the outcome is not what I like, I have the answer now on how to proceed and understand more about Clouderas principles.