Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

exception error when using bridge network adapter during hdp 2.4 installation

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

exception error when using bridge network adapter during hdp 2.4 installation

@Neeraj Sabharwal

first , i tried "host only adapter" by seeing community hortonworks article . could not able to open hdp welcome page and 8080(ambari).

after, i tried using "bridge network" , got below error .

can you tell what mistake i have done?

2995-capture2.jpg

2996-capture3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: exception error when using bridge network adapter during hdp 2.4 installation

atlast, am able to hit 127.0.0.1:8080 after several times deleting and importing VM's . in my case, the problem is am able to start ambari server , ambari agent ..but couldnot in web.

i checked in windows command prompt whether it is listening to port 8080 by command 'netstat' ..it didnot listening so i added port 8080 in windows firewall advanced settings.. after starting ambari serevr..waited for few minutes and then hitted 127.0.0.1:8080 successsfully...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: exception error when using bridge network adapter during hdp 2.4 installation

Expert Contributor

Are you using sandbox?

Expert Contributor
Highlighted

@Rahul Pathak

yes, hdp 2.4 in oracle virtual box

Highlighted

@Rahul Pathak

yes, it is running

Highlighted

Rising Star

@priyanka - You should double check that ambari server is running by running the following

ambari-server status

If ambari server is not running then you can start it with the command:

ambari-server start
Highlighted

@zblanco

yes, i double checked

3028-c.jpg

Highlighted

@Rahul Pathak

what is CPU and RAM need to be set while importing hdp 2.4 .ova file

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@priyanka vijayakumar

It depends on how much you have to spare.

My laptop has 8 GB RAM so I have given 4 GB RAM to Sandbox.

In case of CPU I have 4 core. So I have given 1 to 2 core to sandbox.

Highlighted

@Rahul Pathak

thank you .

yes, u r right

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here