Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

facing this error Process: 7268 ExecStop=/etc/rc.d/init.d/cloudera-scm-server stop (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) in cloudera 5.16

New Contributor

Screenshot (255).png

1 REPLY 1

Hi @sagarbot ,

First and foremost, you should understand that CDH 5.16 reached it's end of support date in December 2020 (open that link and then expand the section labeled "Cloudera Enterprise products" underneath Current End of Support (EoS) Dates). The current Enterprise Data Platform offered by Cloudera is Cloudera Data Platform (CDP), which in it's on-premises "form factor" is offered as CDP Private Cloud. CDP supersedes CDH as it is fairly up to date on all the included components, which is not the case with CDH 5.16. For these reasons, it's going to be increasingly difficult to get answers to your questions about CDH 5.16 going forward, as fewer and fewer members of the community use that version and therefore your organization should be actively looking into upgrading.

That being said, there is a lot going on in the screen shot you provided. I'll focus my response on this bit, based on your Subject line for this post:

[centos@ip-i72-31-2-199 -1$ systemctl status cloudera-scm-server.service
. cloudera-scm-server.service - LSB: Cloudera SCM Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/cloudera-scm-server: bad; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Fri 2021-12-31 20:03:52 UTC; 10min ago
DOCS: man: systemd-sysv-generator (8)
Process: 7268 ExecStop=/etc/rc.d/init.d/cloudera-scm-server stop (code exited, status=1/FAILURE)

If I am interpreting your question correctly, your issue is that the /etc/rc.d/init.d/cloudera-scm-server script is not responding in the desired manner when you supply the stop argument on the command line. If that's the case, you need to consult the logs for that script and deduce what is going on from what is being logged there. It could be any number of things, but I think it will turn out to be a problem addressable with regular Linux (Centos) System Administration skills.

I believe that by default, the logs for that script can be found on the Server host at the location /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log so that is the first place you should go and look (but it's been a long time since I've seen a CDH-5 based system). You might want to post what you find there in this thread if the problem isn't obvious and perhaps other members of the community who are still running CDH-5 will post something helpful. If the logs aren't present in that directory, you may have to find someone in your organization who knows how the system was installed and configured and ask them.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.