Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

get required permissions to download fsimage

New Contributor

Hello All,

I am trying to get essential data from fsimage. Currently I am able to download the fsimage in my local machine using dfsadmin -fetchImage <LOCAL_DIR_PATH> command but I want to know what is the appropriate way I can download the fsimage on other machines or how can I request the user to give me required privileges to download fsimage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Prateek Behera

You can find more information about the "dfs.cluster.administrators" property which sets the ACL-for-admins. The administrators for the cluster specified as an ACL. This controls who can access the default servlets, etc. in the HDFS.

We can set this property with a comma separated value containing list of users or groups who can access and execute these administrative commands from any host.

Example:

<property>
    <name>dfs.cluster.administrators</name>
    <value>testuser1,testuser2,testuser3,testgroup1,testgroup2</value>
</property>

NOTE: by default the property "dfs.cluster.administrators" value is set to "hdfs"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@Prateek Behera

You can find more information about the "dfs.cluster.administrators" property which sets the ACL-for-admins. The administrators for the cluster specified as an ACL. This controls who can access the default servlets, etc. in the HDFS.

We can set this property with a comma separated value containing list of users or groups who can access and execute these administrative commands from any host.

Example:

<property>
    <name>dfs.cluster.administrators</name>
    <value>testuser1,testuser2,testuser3,testgroup1,testgroup2</value>
</property>

NOTE: by default the property "dfs.cluster.administrators" value is set to "hdfs"