Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

hbase-daemon.sh Doesn't exist

Expert Contributor

I setup all services which I need in my ambari 2.5 on the 2.5 HDP,

All services are working fine except Hbase which I have some trouble with.

the ActiveHbaseMaster is active but the HbaseServer is down and I could not start it:

this is the output Error:

resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of '/usr/hdp/current/hbase-master/bin/hbase-daemon.sh --config /usr/hdp/current/hbase-master/conf start master' returned 127. -bash: /usr/hdp/current/hbase-master/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: No such file or directory

so here he say that there is no hbase-daemon.sh file.

so I try to find this one where is it exactly, so I made I global search in the server which contains the HbaseServer by running Find / -name hbase-daemon.sh

there is no hbase-daemon.sh is my node.

7 REPLIES 7

Super Guru

@yassine sihi,

Can you please try installing the client using this command and see if it works

curl -k -u {username}:{password} -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -i -X PUT -d '{"HostRoles": {"state": "INSTALLED"}}' http://{ambari-host}:{ambari-port}/api/v1/clusters/{clustername}/hosts/{hostname}/host_components/HB...

Replace hostname with the host where it is failing.

Thanks,

Aditya

Expert Contributor

Could you please explain what should I get by running this command, because I could not run it in my node

Super Guru

@yassine sihi,

You should get response like below and also in the ambari GUI operations, you should see a request to install HBASE client.

HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
X-Frame-Options: DENY
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Cache-Control: no-store
Pragma: no-cache
Set-Cookie: AMBARISESSIONID=1s6kicjia68zn3c1f77kpzx1o;Path=/;HttpOnly
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
User: admin
Content-Type: text/plain
Vary: Accept-Encoding, User-Agent
Content-Length: 136
{
  "href" : "http://172.31.194.7:8080/api/v1/clusters/cl1/requests/30",
  "Requests" : {
    "id" : 30,
    "status" : "Accepted"
  }
}

What is the error that you are facing while running the command.

Expert Contributor

This is what I got:

HBASE_CLIENT 
HTTP/1.1 405 HTTP method PUT is not supported by this URL
X-Frame-Options: DENY
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Pragma: no-cache
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Length: 80
{ "status": 405, "message": "HTTP method PUT is not supported by this URL" curl: (3) <url> malformed}

Super Guru

@yassine sihi,

Can you please paste the curl command which you have used. Looks like the url is malformed according to the error response.

Master Mentor

@yassine sihi

Ideally we should see some directories and symlinks as following:

[root@sandbox ~]# locate hbase-daemon.sh
/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh

[root@sandbox ~]#  ls -l /usr/hdp/current/hbase-master
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Nov 11 15:03 /usr/hdp/current/hbase-master -> /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hbase

[root@sandbox ~]#  ls -l /usr/hdp/current/hbase-master/bin/hbase-daemon.sh 
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root root 8952 Apr  1  2017 /usr/hdp/current/hbase-master/bin/hbase-daemon.sh

NOTE: In your case it might be a slightly different version of HDP 2.5 (so please change the "2.5.0.0-1245" version accordingly).

It might be possible that the "hdp-select" command has not created proper symlink in your HBase host.
So please check the output of "hdp-select" command to see if the output shows correct version of HBase there?

Like:

[root@sandbox ~]# hdp-select
[root@sandbox ~]# hdp-select | grep hbase

If not then reinstalling HBase will be a better idea. (This will be the last option.) Because missing "hbase-daemon.sh" indicates an incomplete or corrupted installation of HBase Service. So better remove the HBase Service from Ambari UI and then reinstall it. (you might loose HBase data though). OR manually copy the missing files to this host from any other working cluster.

Regarding HBase CLient installation, It will be really easy to try installing HBase Client from Ambari UI directly, on the host where we are seeing the error .

Ambari UI --> Hosts (Tab) --> (click the hostname) where HBase startup is failing.

Now on the Host Page in Ambari UI scroll down to see the list of Client packages installed. And click on the INstall Clients or refresh clients button.

45749-hbase-client-install.png

Expert Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Regarding reinstalling HBase service.

How can I remove the HBase Service from Ambari UI? and How can I reinstall it surely ?

Thanks