Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how do i add multiple attributes as correlation attributes for merge content

Hi All,

i have a merge content processor, which i want to merge incoming flowfiles based on the value of 2 attributes (suppose 'xx' and 'yy'.

and i set the attribute strategy to 'keep only common attributes'. and i specified the correlation attributes as ( xx,yy).

but i keep getting scenarios where the flowfiles having different attributes of either xx or yy are being merged together and elimating those attributes because of the attribute strategy.

how do i config the processor to achieve what i a looking for (please mention syntax also, great help)? can there be only one correlation attributes?

Regards

Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Before MergeContent you can put an UpdateAttribute processor and create a new attribute "xx_yy" with the value of ${xx}_${yy} then in MergeContent put xx_yy as the correlation attribute.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

Before MergeContent you can put an UpdateAttribute processor and create a new attribute "xx_yy" with the value of ${xx}_${yy} then in MergeContent put xx_yy as the correlation attribute.

i understand that possibility or we can use 2 merge content processors back to back one for each attribute.

but will it be possible to use those 2 attributes separately in the same processor?

thanks for the response.

Master Guru

The Correlation Attribute property is the name of one attribute, so if you want to correlate on two attributes you need to make a new attribute that is the combined value of the two attributes, or do the back to back merge as you mentioned.