Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to define "Table Name Pattern" for more than 1 table in ChangeCaptureMySql processor configuration file

Contributor

Hi,

how to define "Table Name Pattern" for more than 1 table in ChangeCaptureMySql processor configuration file.  I tried below patterns where "product_types" and "user_subscription" table names. I want to read data only from these tables.

[product_types|user_subscription]_ or [product_types|user_subscription]%

Screenshot from 2022-07-07 22-00-00.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@AbhishekSingh ,

The pattern expression must be a regular expression (regex).

The regex equivalent to your LIKE pattern is:

(product_types|user_subscription).*

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

@AbhishekSingh ,

The pattern expression must be a regular expression (regex).

The regex equivalent to your LIKE pattern is:

(product_types|user_subscription).*

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Hello @araujo 

This does not work, i tried to use the above expression and the changeMySql does not use it.

So far i can do the following

- whitelist individual tables

- include all tables (by setting the table name pattern to empty)

This is a problem for us, we need to whitelist tables, since the dB user we use does not have access to all tables and the processor complains without the filtering.

Manually filtering one table at a time, is not a scalable approach since we need to extract data from multiple tables and this processor does not support incoming connections.

Did anyone find a solution where one instance of "CaptureChangeMySQL" can extract data for multiple tables ?

New Contributor

Anyone else experienced this issue ? is there a solution that does not involve creating one CaptureChangeMySQL processor instance per source table ?

New Contributor

Anyone else experienced this issue ? is there a solution that does not involve creating one CaptureChangeMySQL processor instance per source table ?