Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to delete Nifi counters ?

Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way to delete a Nifi counter ? (from UI, from rest api, ...)

Thanks for your answer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mohammed El Moumni

Currently there is no way to delete a counter, only reset. There was no delete option because if you deleted the counter, it would be recreated immediately if the processor was still running. The use case of a deleting a processor and wanting to remove the counter associated with it was not considered. Moving forward, the use case will be a clear/delete icon. If the counter is deleted and the processor still exists and is running, the counter will be recreated immediately. If the processor has been removed then the counter will be deleted.

screen-shot-2017-04-26-at-43208-pm.pngscreen-shot-2017-04-27-at-90446-am.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Mohammed El Moumni

Currently there is no way to delete a counter, only reset. There was no delete option because if you deleted the counter, it would be recreated immediately if the processor was still running. The use case of a deleting a processor and wanting to remove the counter associated with it was not considered. Moving forward, the use case will be a clear/delete icon. If the counter is deleted and the processor still exists and is running, the counter will be recreated immediately. If the processor has been removed then the counter will be deleted.

screen-shot-2017-04-26-at-43208-pm.pngscreen-shot-2017-04-27-at-90446-am.png

Contributor

@Wynner thanks for answering, I am currently using the latest version of chrome. Can you please tell what browser are you using ? and if possible show me a screenshot where the trash can is visible ?

Thanks

@Mohammed El Moumni

I owe you an apology. While trying to get a screenshot of the trash can, I discovered that in fact there is no way currently to delete the counter. I have opened a Apache Jira for this issue and here is the link: NIFI-3751

I've updated the post above with correct information.

Contributor

@Wynner

Thanks for these information and for opening the issue

Hi,

Could you please let me know how the resetting of target signal count in wait processor work? Refer my question:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/138762/reset-of-target-signal-count-in-wait-processor.ht...

Thanks,

John