Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

how to import data

Explorer

Hi Guys, how are you? Hope so. I have a question, see if you can help me. Everything I create through the web interface only appears in the web interface, if I create a folder in / tmp for example, via terminal, it is not available in the Ambari interface and vice-versa. Even setting groups and permissions ... I'm using IBM's Hadoop service.

78618-selection-043.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Hugo Cosme

Not sure how you are doing the "ls" in terminal. Ambari interface list and the list from "hdfs dfs -ls /tmp/" command terminal should match.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Hugo Cosme

Not sure how you are doing the "ls" in terminal. Ambari interface list and the list from "hdfs dfs -ls /tmp/" command terminal should match.

Explorer

Hey, it worked out right .. thanks for the tip! Now another point, how do I access this directory? I tried the "hdfs dfs -cd / tmp /" command, but it did not work! I wanted to get into that directory and copy the data there with "wget" and then unzip them with a "tar -xzvf"

This is not how HDFS works 🙂 you will have to configure NFS to be able to cd and other stuff (https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.4/bk_hdfs-nfs-gateway-user-guide/content/hdfs-nfs-gateway-user-guide.html)

Alternatively you can "wget" the files to hdfs client machine and then copy the files to hdfs using "hdfs dfs -put <local-source> <hdfs destination>"

Explorer

Hi, how are you?
I even noticed that things do not work out like I imagined, lol! I found the documentation after your first tip, thanks for this.
My problem now, is to map my IBM CloudStorage to my Hadoop, this is making me confused, but I'm evolving!