Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to see status of process instance running on nifi

Explorer

I am currently engaged in one project where I have to run thousands of process on Nifi. I wanted to check status of each individual running process and later to show status on a dashboard. But I am not finding any solution for this requirement. Is the data repository help in this requirement.

Can anyone provide me solution for my requirement.

5 REPLIES 5

Super Mentor

@neeraj sharma

-

Can you elaborate on what "status" information you are looking to retrieve and for which NiFi components?

-

Thank you,

Matt

Super Mentor

@neeraj sharma

*** Forum tip: Please try to avoid responding to an Answer by starting a new answer. Instead use the "add comment" tp respond to en existing answer. There is no guaranteed order to different answers which can make following a response thread difficult especially when multiple people are trying to assist you.

-

NiFi Process Groups have no logical binding to a "process". It is just a logical grouping of components on the canvas. Under the hood, NiFi simply has a collection of interconnected components that are being scheduled to execute based on each components configuration. There is no status based on a collection of components completing an operation on a specific FlowFile. So you would need to look at the status of individual processor components.

-

You may be able to extract the relevant information you are looking for by using the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask (get errors when failures occur) and/or SiteToSiteProvenanceReprotingTask (get info based on FlowFile events like create, drop, modify, etc..).

-

Thanks,

Matt

Explorer

I have designed a Data Flow Process using Nifi 1.6 locally. Now when I am running the flow I want to know the status of the individual process instance running (not of component). Is nifi maintain statuses like new , active , failed ,completed etc. of process instance. I have tried to use nifi api ( /nifi-api/flow/process-groups/{process group id}/status) to fetch the status but it is only giving statuses of components/processors in the group .

Explorer

Hi @neeraj_sha , have you implemented this requirement, if so can you please share your solution?  

I have one of the useful and helpful article for you just visit our website and learn to sync internet settings windows 10 by sign in your pc with microsoft account in just some easy steps without any interruption.