Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

if I update a property in my custom properties file, will nifi automatically pick up the changes or do I have to restart the nifi service or the processors ?

Contributor

I want to run Nifi in different environments like dev, staging and production. I am planning to use custom properties because if I copy flow.xml.gz, it needs nifi to be restarted.

Is there any way when I update custom properties file, Nifi picks up the changes automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jatin Kheradiya

Currently, when any changes are made to the nifi.properties file, NiFi does need to be restarted.

There are new features coming in future releases that will not require a restart of NiFi.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Jatin Kheradiya

Currently, when any changes are made to the nifi.properties file, NiFi does need to be restarted.

There are new features coming in future releases that will not require a restart of NiFi.

Explorer

Any update on this? I am looking for NiFi to pick the changes without restart. If it's not done yet, can I request you to guide me on this? Some guidelines may be around writing a ControllerService?... I don't know, please guide.

Community Manager

@Maqbool as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: