Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

import policies in ranger

What are prerequisites i should complete before importing ranger policies from different cluster . for e.g I have exported the ranger policies say clusterA_hdfs from clusterA and now I am importing this policy in clusterB to clusterB_hdfs .

• Is it required to have present all the users who are belonging to clusteA rnager policy for hdfs ?
  • what could lead to failure of the policies while importing like If policy id or name is same ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FYI starting hdp 2.6 you we have the import/export functionality directly on the ranger admin ui.

1. Is it required to have present all the users who are belonging to cluster A ranager policy for hdfs ?

Yes, otherwise the policies for missing users wont be added.

2. what could lead to failure of the policies while importing like If policy id or name is same ?

There is an overwrite checkbox you can select. If checked the policies with same name will be overwritten.

76532-screen-shot-2018-05-31-at-121932-pm.png

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FYI starting hdp 2.6 you we have the import/export functionality directly on the ranger admin ui.

1. Is it required to have present all the users who are belonging to cluster A ranager policy for hdfs ?

Yes, otherwise the policies for missing users wont be added.

2. what could lead to failure of the policies while importing like If policy id or name is same ?

There is an overwrite checkbox you can select. If checked the policies with same name will be overwritten.

76532-screen-shot-2018-05-31-at-121932-pm.png

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

@Anurag Mishra Please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer if you think the above helped address your question.