Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration cannot be cast to org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration

Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I'm facing the some weird issue. In my project we are using everything is custom code of NiFi, For xml parsing we are using the DOM parser, after deploying the NAR file into NiFi lib directory after restart i'm facing the below error. please anybody can give me the solution on this.

Custom Processor:

XmlValidation(Domparser)

CustomPutHdfs(Hdfs)

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration cannot be cast to org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar:na]
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar:na]
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar:na]
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Unknown Source) ~[xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar:na]
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:2482) ~[hadoop-common-2.6.2.jar:na]
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:2444) ~[hadoop-common-2.6.2.jar:na]
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:2361) ~[hadoop-common-2.6.2.jar:na]
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:968) ~[hadoop-common-2.6.2.jar:na]
        at org.apache.nifi.hadoop.SecurityUtil.isSecurityEnabled(SecurityUtil.java:84) ~[nifi-hadoop-utils-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.hadoop.KerberosProperties.validatePrincipalAndKeytab(KerberosProperties.java:121) ~[nifi-hadoop-utils-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.AbstractHadoopProcessor.customValidate(AbstractHadoopProcessor.java:154) ~[nifi-hdfs-processors-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.components.AbstractConfigurableComponent.validate(AbstractConfigurableComponent.java:123) ~[nifi-api-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.isValid(StandardProcessorNode.java:911) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getProcessorStatus(FlowController.java:2529) [nifi-framework-core-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2146) [nifi-framework-core-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2162) [nifi-framework-core-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2162) [nifi-framework-core-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController$HeartbeatMessageGeneratorTask.createHeartbeatMessage(FlowController.java:3819) [nifi-framework-core-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController$HeartbeatMessageGeneratorTask.run(FlowController.java:3802) [nifi-framework-core-0.6.0.jar:0.6.0]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [na:1.8.0_71]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [na:1.8.0_71]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [na:1.8.0_71]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [na:1.8.0_71]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_71]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_71]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_71]
5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

Please refer this screen shot for more information.

capture.png

Master Guru

I believe this is usually a conflict between versions of xerces. There is a xerces JAR in the nifi-hadoop-libraries-nar, is your NAR declaring that as a dependency? If so then you might need to exclude xerces from it or your own dependencies, in order to ensure there's only a single version/impl.

Contributor

Hi Mburgess,

Thanks for your response.It will really helpful providing the information how to exclude the particular(xerces) jar at the time of NAR build.

Thanks,

Viswanatha Reddy

Contributor

Did you get solution for this? I am facing exact same issue.

Contributor

I got the same error on Azure HDInsight today, finally I got the solution in:

http://kitmenke.com/blog/2017/08/05/classcastexception-submitting-spark-apps-to-hdinsight/

Hope it can help.