Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

kafka + Exception: about Address already in use but without to view the port name

hi all

we run the following command on kafka machine in order to view/print the topics names

we can see that its fails on

Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use 

but without to print also the port number

./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper zookeeper1:2181 --list 
To enable GC log rotation, use -Xloggc:<filename> -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=<num_of_files>
where num_of_file > 0
GC log rotation is turned off
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:386)
        at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:401)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use 

any suggestion how to find the port ? that is use

Michael-Bronson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Michael Bronson

Zookeeper's usually have the same port so I suggest you have a look at the brokers. Please have a look at my response to a similar problem

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/235766/kafka-socket-server-failed-bind-exception.html?c...

HTH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@Michael Bronson

Zookeeper's usually have the same port so I suggest you have a look at the brokers. Please have a look at my response to a similar problem

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/235766/kafka-socket-server-failed-bind-exception.html?c...

HTH