Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

kakfa leader not available I have added 1 more broker earlier kafka has 3 brokers ,

kakfa leader not available I have added 1 more broker earlier kafka has 3 brokers ,

kakfa leader not available I have added 1 more broker earlier kafka has 3 brokers , producer is throwing an error ;

WARN clients.NetworkClient: Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 5493 : {amoll=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}

I have checked advertised.host.name and I see kafka broker default group and kafka broker1 group there .

Kind Regards

Amol

1 REPLY 1

Re: kakfa leader not available I have added 1 more broker earlier kafka has 3 brokers ,

Contributor

The error message shows you don't have a valid leader for the partition you are accessing. In kafka, all read/writes should go through the leader of that partition.

You should make sure the topic/partitions have healthy leader first, run:

kafka-topics --describe  --zookeeper <zk_url, put /chroot if you have any> --topic <topic_name>