Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

local repo install issue for HDP2.4

Contributor

I created a local repo, and i also updated the version/stack to make my ambari connect to my local repo, but when i try to add a new host and deploy on it, the installation always got failed.

Here is the output from ambari:

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-884.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 26, in hook
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/params.py", line 187, in <module>
    hadoop_conf_dir = conf_select.get_hadoop_conf_dir(force_latest_on_upgrade=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/conf_select.py", line 374, in get_hadoop_conf_dir
    select(stack_name, "hadoop", version)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/conf_select.py", line 252, in select
    shell.checked_call(get_cmd("set-conf-dir", package, version), logoutput=False, quiet=False, sudo=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'conf-select set-conf-dir --package hadoop --stack-version 2.4.2.0-258 --conf-version 0' returned 1. 2.4.2.0-258 Incorrect stack version
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-884.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-884.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp']
stdout: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-884.txt
2016-06-24 15:38:55,956 - The hadoop conf dir /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf exists, will call conf-select on it for version 2.4.2.0-258
2016-06-24 15:38:55,956 - Checking if need to create versioned conf dir /etc/hadoop/2.4.2.0-258/0
2016-06-24 15:38:55,956 - call['conf-select create-conf-dir --package hadoop --stack-version 2.4.2.0-258 --conf-version 0'] {'logoutput': False, 'sudo': True, 'quiet': False, 'stderr': -1}
2016-06-24 15:38:55,988 - call returned (1, '2.4.2.0-258 Incorrect stack version', '')
2016-06-24 15:38:55,988 - checked_call['conf-select set-conf-dir --package hadoop --stack-version 2.4.2.0-258 --conf-version 0'] {'logoutput': False, 'sudo': True, 'quiet': False}
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-884.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-884.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp']
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Yibing Liu

When you created your local repo, did you follow the instructions at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.2.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_using_a_local... ?

• Did you use tarballs, or reposync?
  • Did you provide an HTML server able to serve the repo contents?
  • Finally, did you adjust the "baseurl" configurations in your ambari.repo, HDP.repo, and HDP-UTILS.repo files to point to the local repo? (and the "gpgkey" configuration in ambari.repo, unless you've turned it off)

I don't really understand your statement "i also updated the version/stack to make my ambari connect to my local repo". Adjusting the .repo baseurls should be all that is needed.

Is this a fresh install, or are you adding a new host to an existing cluster?

Just to eliminate another common source of error, what version of python to you have installed on the server, and is it in the PATH for the userid performing the install?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

I saw it show me it is incorrect stack version 2.4.2.0-258, but from my ambari page in the version/stack, it show the version is HDP-2.4.2.0-258..not sure why.

Hi @Yibing Liu

When you created your local repo, did you follow the instructions at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.2.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_using_a_local... ?

• Did you use tarballs, or reposync?
  • Did you provide an HTML server able to serve the repo contents?
  • Finally, did you adjust the "baseurl" configurations in your ambari.repo, HDP.repo, and HDP-UTILS.repo files to point to the local repo? (and the "gpgkey" configuration in ambari.repo, unless you've turned it off)

I don't really understand your statement "i also updated the version/stack to make my ambari connect to my local repo". Adjusting the .repo baseurls should be all that is needed.

Is this a fresh install, or are you adding a new host to an existing cluster?

Just to eliminate another common source of error, what version of python to you have installed on the server, and is it in the PATH for the userid performing the install?

Contributor

Hi @Matt Foley:

Thanks very much for your response.

actually i have followed this article and both 3 points were yes for me.

since i am not a fresh installation, after i checked my cluster again i found that the version is different between my master and the new host, not sure why it happened, i just upgraded my Ambari-server and ambari-agent, and re-deployed to the new host server, it works.

Thanks very much.