Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

metron pcap query

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I've noticed in the later releases of Metron, there's a new script pcap_zeppelin_run.sh. Does anyone know the use case of this script? I'm very curious in any pcap development within Metron. From reading the script, it looks like a it wraps around the pcap_query script and it's still in the testing phase? Will we be doing pcap query from zeppelin notebook?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

The intention behind this is very much to move towards PCAP query within zeppelin. This script is effectively a backend to provide access to pcap query via a zeppelin interpreter. If you install the sample zeppelin notebooks you will find one demonstrating the PCAP capabilities.

The notebook is used like this:

60408-pcapzepp.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Guru

The intention behind this is very much to move towards PCAP query within zeppelin. This script is effectively a backend to provide access to pcap query via a zeppelin interpreter. If you install the sample zeppelin notebooks you will find one demonstrating the PCAP capabilities.

The notebook is used like this:

60408-pcapzepp.png

Expert Contributor

@Simon Elliston Ball

Wonderful news! Thank you for the snapshot and the information, I was able to run the script, but I need to work on the query syntax. I assume the query syntax is in Stellar.