Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

nifi cluster custom processor not work,nifi custom processor does not show up in cluster

Explorer

I created a custom processor and it is deployed successfully to standalone 1.4 and 1.5 nifi. It works very well in standalone. I copied the same processor to a cluster of two servers and restarted both servers. The log shows no errors and I can see that the new processor is unpacked to the work dir. However, I can not find the new processor from nifi ui.

Is there any other setup required to make it available through nifi ui in a cluster?

Thanks,

Mark

I have a custom processor that is written in 1.6 snapshot. It is successfully deployed to standalone nifi instance of 1.5 and 1.5. All works fine in 1.5 and 1.4 standalone instances. However, the same .nar simply does not work after it is deployed to a nifi 1.4 cluster(copied the nar to all servers) and restarted all servers. There is no erro in log. After restart, we are not able to locate the new customer processor through filter.

Is there any extra setup for a cluster deployment of a custom processor?

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@Mark Lin

Make sure you added your custom nar to every node in the cluster and that the ownership and permissions on the nar on each Nifi cluster node is correct. It sounds like at least one of the nodes is missing the nar or was unable to read/unpack it to the work directory. Also make sure that every node sis running the same version of your nar.

You could also try stopping NiFi on all you nodes and removing the entire "work" directory and restarting.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Mentor

@Mark Lin

Make sure you added your custom nar to every node in the cluster and that the ownership and permissions on the nar on each Nifi cluster node is correct. It sounds like at least one of the nodes is missing the nar or was unable to read/unpack it to the work directory. Also make sure that every node sis running the same version of your nar.

You could also try stopping NiFi on all you nodes and removing the entire "work" directory and restarting.

Thanks,

Matt

Master Guru

1. Check logs after restart.

2. Make sure the nar is in the lib (and it's the correct nar)

3. Check file ownership and permission

4. Perhaps the name has a collision.

5. 1.6 Snapshot? Can you recompile in 1.5? What's in the pom.xml can you share that.

6. Can you send some screenshots?

7. Are you running same JDK? JDK 8? JDK 9?

8. Does it require any files, permissions, kerberos, etc...?

Explorer

Thanks Tim, Matt and All.

Figured out the root cause. Our cluster has 3 nodes instead of two nodes that is my wrong assumption. By comparing the cluster nifi.properties against the standalone nifi.properties, I found we actually have 3 nodes in the cluster. After deploying it to the third node, everything works fine.

Thank for your help.

Mark

New Contributor

How you deployed it to the third node?

Community Manager

@arkumari As this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: