Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

nifi doesnt start

getting syntax error near unpected token 'newline' 'JAVAHOME = /opt/java/jdk1.8.0_101 nearl Line 82 in nifi.sh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Prem Kripalani That is weird. I'm looking at code for nifi 1.0.0 and line 82 does not have JAVAHOME anywhere near it. In fact, I don't see JAVAHOME anywhere. Typically that variable has an underscore "_" like JAVA_HOME. The error message "syntax error near unexpected token `newline'" is associated with an invalid redirect ">" with a newline after it. Can you find the file nifi.sh and look around line 82 to see if you see anything about JAVAHOME or if you see a redirect with no filename after it? This could be an empty variable after the ">" as well.

In any case, it may be easier to reinstall Nifi than to track it down.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

What version of are you using?

latest version HDP 2.5 nifi HDF 2.0.1.0

Super Collaborator

@Prem Kripalani That is weird. I'm looking at code for nifi 1.0.0 and line 82 does not have JAVAHOME anywhere near it. In fact, I don't see JAVAHOME anywhere. Typically that variable has an underscore "_" like JAVA_HOME. The error message "syntax error near unexpected token `newline'" is associated with an invalid redirect ">" with a newline after it. Can you find the file nifi.sh and look around line 82 to see if you see anything about JAVAHOME or if you see a redirect with no filename after it? This could be an empty variable after the ">" as well.

In any case, it may be easier to reinstall Nifi than to track it down.

thanks a lot for your quick reply,

as you suggested, i have reinstalled nifi and Magically (**as always happens with HDP 2.5) its working, only took me six hours to work it out,

i have installed nifi in stand alone windows 10 environment, to test and it worked fine

than restarted computer few times and it is working now

thanks a lot

Super Collaborator

@Prem Kripalani I'm glad yo got it worked out. Sorry to hear that it was such a pain.