Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations

Explorer

When I use com.hortonworks.shc-core in scala like this:

spark.write.options(Map(HBaseTableCatalog.tableCatalog -> catalog, HBaseTableCatalog.newTable -> "5", HBaseTableCatalog.avro -> ""))
.format("org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.hbase")
.save()

I have exception:

17/08/04 18:29:46 INFO ClientCnxn: Session establishment complete on server domain.company.com/11.111.111.111:2181, sessionid = 0x15c7820075c1bbd, negotiated timeout = 40000 17/08/04 18:29:46 WARN RpcControllerFactory: Cannot load configured "hbase.rpc.controllerfactory.class" (org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.controller.ServerRpcControllerFactory) from hbase-site.xml, falling back to use default RpcControllerFactory 17/08/04 18:29:46 WARN RpcControllerFactory: Cannot load configured "hbase.rpc.controllerfactory.class" (org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.controller.ServerRpcControllerFactory) from hbase-site.xml, falling back to use default RpcControllerFactory Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.getRegionLocations(RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.java:312)

7 REPLIES 7

can you paste the complete stack trace.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Gevorg KHACHATURYAN,

Do you have a correct value defined for "zookeeper.znode.parent" in hbase-site.xml? or did you specify a good one? normally it should be something like "/hbase-unsecure" or "/hbase-secure" depending if you hav e kerberos or not.

Michel

Hi @Gevorg KHACHATURYAN

java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the location for replica 0

at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2492)

at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2384)

at org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixContextExecutor.call(PhoenixContextExecutor.java:76)

at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.init(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2384)

at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:255)

at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.createConnection(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.java:150)

at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.connect(PhoenixDriver.java:221)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:270)

at com.petpe.util.PhoenixConnection.getConnnection(PhoenixConnection.java:26)

at com.petpe.hbase.utill.ManageAccessMangement.getHbaseUser(ManageAccessMangement.java:363)

at com.petpe.users.action.UsersAction.userLogin(UsersAction.java:541)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

I am getting database connectivity issue and i checked all the configurations and properties,still i am facing this issue.what else i need to do. Can u suggest me????

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor

Hi @hachhll 
I am having the same issue when I submit a job on cluster, but when I submit in local mode, the job runs fine. If you found the solution, please let us know.

Rising Star

Hey, 

Can you once review, if you have configured the Hbase Service ( in Hive Service) dependency [1]?

I have come across scenarios where, if the dependency is not configured, then there is a possibility of such error [2] to occur.

[1] https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-16-x/topics/cdh_ig_hive_hbase.html

[2] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations

New Contributor

Ahh! in pom.xml, it was wrong hbase-site.xml file that I was referencing to.

@gsthina Thanks,

Rising Star

Hey @axk , Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad it was helpful 🙂