Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations

New Contributor

When I use com.hortonworks.shc-core in scala like this:

spark.write.options(Map(HBaseTableCatalog.tableCatalog -> catalog, HBaseTableCatalog.newTable -> "5", HBaseTableCatalog.avro -> ""))
.format("org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.hbase")
.save()

I have exception:

17/08/04 18:29:46 INFO ClientCnxn: Session establishment complete on server domain.company.com/11.111.111.111:2181, sessionid = 0x15c7820075c1bbd, negotiated timeout = 40000 17/08/04 18:29:46 WARN RpcControllerFactory: Cannot load configured "hbase.rpc.controllerfactory.class" (org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.controller.ServerRpcControllerFactory) from hbase-site.xml, falling back to use default RpcControllerFactory 17/08/04 18:29:46 WARN RpcControllerFactory: Cannot load configured "hbase.rpc.controllerfactory.class" (org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.controller.ServerRpcControllerFactory) from hbase-site.xml, falling back to use default RpcControllerFactory Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.getRegionLocations(RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.java:312)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations

can you paste the complete stack trace.

Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the locations

Expert Contributor

Hi @Gevorg KHACHATURYAN,

Do you have a correct value defined for "zookeeper.znode.parent" in hbase-site.xml? or did you specify a good one? normally it should be something like "/hbase-unsecure" or "/hbase-secure" depending if you hav e kerberos or not.

Michel

New Contributor

Hi @Gevorg KHACHATURYAN

java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the location for replica 0

at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2492)

at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$12.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2384)

at org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixContextExecutor.call(PhoenixContextExecutor.java:76)

at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.init(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:2384)

at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:255)

at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.createConnection(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.java:150)

at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.connect(PhoenixDriver.java:221)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:270)

at com.petpe.util.PhoenixConnection.getConnnection(PhoenixConnection.java:26)

at com.petpe.hbase.utill.ManageAccessMangement.getHbaseUser(ManageAccessMangement.java:363)

at com.petpe.users.action.UsersAction.userLogin(UsersAction.java:541)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

I am getting database connectivity issue and i checked all the configurations and properties,still i am facing this issue.what else i need to do. Can u suggest me????

Thanks in advance.