Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

phoenix query timeout

I am trying to run a phoenix query which has to fetch about 1.5 millions rows. the query times out.

Is there any config parameter, i need to set up. Any thoughts would be of great help

SELECT COUNT(1) FROM TABLE +------------------------------------------+ | COUNT(1) | +------------------------------------------+ java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLTimeoutException: Operation timed out at sqlline.IncrementalRows.hasNext(IncrementalRows.java:73) at sqlline.TableOutputFormat.print(TableOutputFormat.java:33) at sqlline.SqlLine.print(SqlLine.java:1653) at sqlline.Commands.execute(Commands.java:833) at sqlline.Commands.sql(Commands.java:732) at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:808) at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:681) at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:398) at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:292)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ARUNKUMAR RAMASAMY By default the query time out is 600000 (10mins) . You can increase phoenix.query.timeoutMs and re-run the query.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@ARUNKUMAR RAMASAMY By default the query time out is 600000 (10mins) . You can increase phoenix.query.timeoutMs and re-run the query.

Thanks @Sandeep Nemuri It seems by default the query timeout is 1.5 mins and i increased it to 5 mins and it worked fine.

@ARUNKUMAR RAMASAMY Glad it helped in resolving your issue. Please accept the answer to close this thread.

New Contributor

Hi  sandyy006,

I am creating connections in this way:

Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:phoenix:thin:url=http://localhost:8765;serialization=PROTOBUF"

but how the value for phoenix.query.timeoutMs is read by the driver?

Thank you very much in advanced!