Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

pig -useHCatalog not loading all the jars required

In latest practice exam in AWS, pig -useHCatalog not loading all the jars required. I am trying to fix these by adding classpath or using REGISTER. My question here is do we need to deal/spend time with such environmental issues in real exam?. Other day when I started AWS instance, services were not running at first instance. @rich helped me to address this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Can you share the error? I am guessing it is either not an error (there is a warning you can ignore), or you are using the wrong package name for HCatLoader. The class name to use is:

org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader

Let me know if you get it to work.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Guru

Can you share the error? I am guessing it is either not an error (there is a warning you can ignore), or you are using the wrong package name for HCatLoader. The class name to use is:

Let me know if you get it to work.

Master Mentor

Guru

That issue with Ambari has nothing to do with the environment of the practice exam. The package name for HCatLoader and HCatStorer changed in HDP 2.0. Using the proper class name (shown above) is the answer to this question.

Master Mentor

even though those classes have been moved into org.apache.hive it was still pointing to wrong package names in Ambari Pig View until 2.2. I'm not familiar with the practice exam environment, I know that current Sandbox has the same issue and I'm not competing for the best answer @rich.

Guru

No worries. I am just trying to make it clear for anyone in the future who is preparing for our exams. The HCatLoader and HCatStorer classes have different package names, so the subject of this post is misleading and has nothing to do with missing JAR files. If you use the correct class name then everything works fine.

Expert Contributor

As @rich said, We need to use

We should not use

org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader (We have this package in so many materials like Pig Programming )

Master Mentor
@Suresh Bonam

it was fixed in Ambari 2.2. When new Sandbox is released, it will reflect the fix in that version.

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits

Thank you.Really we don't about this fix.We encountered above mentioned problem in Ambari 1.7 with HDP 2.2. I guess,HDP certification exam is provided with HDP 2.2. So i think ,we can get above mentioned problem.

Apologies for inappropriate subject wordings. It is the package name as mentioned by @rich