Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

question on Ambari services

Expert Contributor

I was given an environment to support recently without proper documentation and knowledge transfer. I am looking to document something like

Node NameList of services it runs

Is there any easy way to get the list of services rather than logging into each box ?

Specifically I am looking for the box which acts as Ambari server and I believe this is where Ambari Metrics collector process runs and all Ambari metrics monitor process pushes the data to this server. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Kumar Veerappan

From Ambari Web UI, you can go to each host and can see the component/service that each host houses.

Host Page showing all hosts in cluster : Example: screen-shot-2016-07-26-at-41103-pm.png

Clocking on a specific host will take you to that host specific page showing component/Service that it has: Example : screen-shot-2016-07-26-at-41126-pm.png

Let me know if you have further question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

@Kumar Veerappan

From Ambari Web UI, you can go to each host and can see the component/service that each host houses.

Host Page showing all hosts in cluster : Example: screen-shot-2016-07-26-at-41103-pm.png

Clocking on a specific host will take you to that host specific page showing component/Service that it has: Example : screen-shot-2016-07-26-at-41126-pm.png

Let me know if you have further question.

Super Collaborator

Kumar,

Do you have access to Ambari UI? You can use the Ambari UI Host summary page to do this.

http://<ambari_server_host>:8080/#/main/hosts/<hostname>/summary