Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

quickstart VMs archive page link

Explorer

is there any link to download chd 4 quick start VMs? I see the dropdown under quick start VMs show only CDH5. Since CDH 5 requires 8GB RAM for cloudera manager which is not currently feasible in my PC, I thought to download older versions.

any suggestions? thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

The Live-on-AWS deployment should cost about $25 - $30 per day, by my estimation based on the default instance sizes and the amount of EBS storage. Exactly how much it costs depends on exactly which options you choose during deployment, such as the region, instance sizes, whether you add the Tableau / Zoomdata applications, etc. It deploys 4 - 5 machines, however, so after 10 days you'll be running over the 750 hours.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Collaborator

Sorry, we do not make archived VMs available.

As an alternative, consider Cloudera Live (cloudera.com/live), which provides access to a full multi-node cluster on AWS under terms of your AWS account.

Guru

@jkestelyn wrote:

Sorry, we do not make archived VMs available.

As an alternative, consider Cloudera Live (cloudera.com/live), which provides free access to a full multi-node cluster on AWS for two weeks (you are resonsible for AWS charges after that).

It's free hosting on GoGrid for 2 weeks after signing up - if you use AWS it's in your own account, and there is no free hosting - only free software.

But yes, the CDH 4 VM is no longer available, I'm afraid.

Explorer

thanks. Any idea on how much one would have to spend, if they go for aws hosted option. Assuming AWS free account is used (750hrs) and used for 10 days.

Please suggest..

Guru

The Live-on-AWS deployment should cost about $25 - $30 per day, by my estimation based on the default instance sizes and the amount of EBS storage. Exactly how much it costs depends on exactly which options you choose during deployment, such as the region, instance sizes, whether you add the Tableau / Zoomdata applications, etc. It deploys 4 - 5 machines, however, so after 10 days you'll be running over the 750 hours.

Explorer
It appears Cloudera doesn't care about the 'developer' community who use their personal machine to get familiar with Cloudera software... AWS is an expensive option for an Individual to get and obviously Cloudera is a 'Big Enterprise' now and choose to take the 'I don't care' route I suppose... Even today, I can download older versoins of Java versions... VMs are large files and downloaded files could get deleted accidently or incidentally or corrupted and at times people need to go back to their older version for continuity... Really Bad on Cloudera part !!!

Community Manager

Hi @RamkSrid. This is thread is over 2 years old at this point. Can you explain your specific needs in a new thread perhaps?

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer
I don't understand why Cloudera wouldn't provide an archive link? If the person doesn't have the capability to use the latest... He could use the old one at least.. This is totally unacceptable... !!!