Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

"Java patch PatchPasswordEncryption_J10001 is being applied by some other process" Error on running Ranger admin

Rising Star

I am trying on installing and running Apache Ranger, however, it throws "Java patch PatchPasswordEncryption_J10001is being applied by some other process" warning and stuck on this stage.

I have followed this instruction https://community.hortonworks.com/content/supportkb/148592/errorjava-patch-patchpasswordencryption-j..., but it still not work.

Can anyone help me?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Delete the entry for "J10001" in x_db_version_h table (in Ranger DB) and restart Ranger.

View solution in original post

Expert Contributor

Remove entry from ranger db and restart ranger admin process to resolve this.

# select * from x_db_version_h where version = 'J10001';

# delete from x_db_version_h where version = 'J10001';

This is usually seen during fresh install. After installation during first start of ranger admin process, ambari start applying patches and if this operation is aborted due to any reason, you may see this error when you restart ranger admin process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Delete the entry for "J10001" in x_db_version_h table (in Ranger DB) and restart Ranger.

Expert Contributor

Remove entry from ranger db and restart ranger admin process to resolve this.

# select * from x_db_version_h where version = 'J10001';

# delete from x_db_version_h where version = 'J10001';

This is usually seen during fresh install. After installation during first start of ranger admin process, ambari start applying patches and if this operation is aborted due to any reason, you may see this error when you restart ranger admin process.