Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

"Merge" users in Oryx 1?

Explorer

Hi 

In the system I am working on, every now and again a few user identifiers collapse into one, and the items associated with all of these user identifiers end up belonging to just one user id. Can I reflect these changes into Oryx in real time, for example feeding the items associations from the collapsed ids to the remaining id and deleting the old ids from the model? 

I am looking at knownItems but that does not bring back the ratings for the associations. Is there a simple way to achieve this in Oryx? 

I do have the option of retrieving the weights from the system that feeds the users associations to begin with but it's quite complicated so I'm hoping Oryx's own book keeping is actually easier to access!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

No, there's no way to do this. You could do it quite manually by creating a job that writes new, merged data and then puts it back into place where the old data was. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

No, there's no way to do this. You could do it quite manually by creating a job that writes new, merged data and then puts it back into place where the old data was.