Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

"No database found on host" during install

Explorer

We are getting "No database found on host" during install.

We have set up Postgresql carefully, with all the required roles and databases and are in screen 3 / Cluster setup.  We are using the fqn of the server (which is the same server that the Manager is running on btw, is that an issue?).  We have selected 'Postgresql' in the pick list, and the db name 'amon' and the user name 'amon' and password.  We have done a 'sudo service postgresql status' and see the server is running.  We have also done a 'sudo service postgresql restart'.  We have manually connected to psql and checked that the role and the database exist.  We have checked netstat -an for the port listening (5432) and confirmed that the database is configured for that port.  Firewall is off.

Despite all this we are getting "No database found on host".  Is there an installation log file that might tell us more?  Are there any troubleshooting tips or common causes for this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer
We changed our assignments and then tried localhost and this worked

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer
We changed our assignments and then tried localhost and this worked

Explorer
I am getting the same error "No Database Server Running on the Host". This solutions is not helped me because it does not mentioned any specific changes. Can you please post the steps to resolve this issue.

Rising Star

@SriniD wrote:
I am getting the same error "No Database Server Running on the Host". This solutions is not helped me because it does not mentioned any specific changes. Can you please post the steps to resolve this issue.

1. Open the  /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties file.

2. Change the com.cloudera.cmf.db.host value from localhost to the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) cited in the Database Setup page.