Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

requirement failed: Unacceptable value for property 'kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation', boolean values must be either 'true' or 'false

Explorer

requirement failed: Unacceptable value for property 'kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation', boolean values must be either 'true' or 'false

ambari 2.7.0 HDP 3.0

kafka

87392-wechatimg2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@li Hao

Looks like some how the variable "kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation" is not being substituted properly or the following attribute is not correct on the broker host:

# grep 'host_in_memory_aggregation'  /etc/kafka/conf/server.properties 
kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation=false
kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation_port=61888
kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation_protocol=http

In My default Ambari 2.7 + HDP 3.0 (with Kafka installed) i do not see any such issue in kafka logs.

So may be in your case the "/etc/kafka/conf/server.properties" file of kafka broker does not seem to be having the correct property substituted. Please try setting the value to "true" or "false" from ambari UI and test again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor
@li Hao

Looks like some how the variable "kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation" is not being substituted properly or the following attribute is not correct on the broker host:

# grep 'host_in_memory_aggregation'  /etc/kafka/conf/server.properties 
kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation=false
kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation_port=61888
kafka.timeline.metrics.host_in_memory_aggregation_protocol=http

In My default Ambari 2.7 + HDP 3.0 (with Kafka installed) i do not see any such issue in kafka logs.

So may be in your case the "/etc/kafka/conf/server.properties" file of kafka broker does not seem to be having the correct property substituted. Please try setting the value to "true" or "false" from ambari UI and test again.

Contributor

It works perfectly after changing the mentioned configurations. Thanks a lot.

Master Mentor

@li Hao

Additionally the "host_in_memory_aggregation" value is actually getting populated from "ams-site" as following:

# grep 'timeline.metrics.host.inmemory.aggregation' /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/KAFKA//0.8.1/package/scripts/params.py
  host_in_memory_aggregation = str(default("/configurations/ams-site/timeline.metrics.host.inmemory.aggregation", True)).lower()

Hence please check your "ams-site" config in ambati UI to see if it has correct boolean values (true / false)?

Ambari UI --> Ambari Metrics --> Configs --> Advanced -->  Advanced ams-site --> "Enable in-memory aggreation on monitors" Property

Correct the above property value and then restrat AMS service followed by Kafka restart and then you should no longer see the mentioned error.

Explorer

hi @Jay Kumar SenSharma

Thank you,

but I have to restart kafka one by one, so that error disappeared .