Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

rest api to provide views in ambari

I am executing this curl command ,When I provide files view to a particular user, then in files views, only that user persisted and other users get deleted.

admin-> manage amabri -> views > files : here I find only user whom i given access with this curl command but users those were earlier there got deleted

curl -i -u $Ambariadmin:$ambaripass -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X PUT -d '[{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"'$username'","principal_type":"USER"}}]' http://localhost:8080/api/v1/views/$viewname/versions/$version/instances/$instance/privileges

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

- You will need to pass all the previous user privilege details as well along with the new user when you want to edit the list using API call:

Example if you already have users privilleges for "123jay", "jay". Now you want to add another user "jayyarn" in the privilleges list then you should PUT the whole list again.

Example:

curl -i -u $Ambariadmin:$ambaripass -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X PUT  -d '[{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"123jay","principal_type":"USER"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"jay","principal_type":"USER"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"jayyarn","principal_type":"USER"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"CLUSTER.ADMINISTRATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"CLUSTER.OPERATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"SERVICE.OPERATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"SERVICE.ADMINISTRATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"CLUSTER.USER","principal_type":"ROLE"}}]'   http://localhost:8080/api/v1/views/$viewname/versions/$version/instances/$instance/privileges

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Jay SenSharma could you pls look into issue

Master Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

- You will need to pass all the previous user privilege details as well along with the new user when you want to edit the list using API call:

Example if you already have users privilleges for "123jay", "jay". Now you want to add another user "jayyarn" in the privilleges list then you should PUT the whole list again.

Example:

curl -i -u $Ambariadmin:$ambaripass -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X PUT  -d '[{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"123jay","principal_type":"USER"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"jay","principal_type":"USER"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"jayyarn","principal_type":"USER"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"CLUSTER.ADMINISTRATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"CLUSTER.OPERATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"SERVICE.OPERATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"SERVICE.ADMINISTRATOR","principal_type":"ROLE"}},{"PrivilegeInfo":{"permission_name":"VIEW.USER","principal_name":"CLUSTER.USER","principal_type":"ROLE"}}]'   http://localhost:8080/api/v1/views/$viewname/versions/$version/instances/$instance/privileges