Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

sandbox Docker container startup error

Contributor

Hello all,

I am unable to start the sandbox docker container on my VMWare (HDP Sandbox 2.5). The sandbox image and docker service are fine, but iimage is not starting.

13359-image-exising.png

13360-docker-service.png

This is the error message i get:

Error response from daemon: invalid header field value "oci runtime error: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused \"process_linux.go:359: container init caused \\rootfs_linux.go:89:

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
@Prasanna G

When you import the VMWare Sandbox and start the VM, the Docker container within that VM is started automatically. You don't normally have to start it. Is that process not working properly for you? Or are you using the native Docker Sandbox inside your own Linux VM in VMWare?

Contributor

@Michael Young , I am using imported VMWare Sandbox (not native Docker Sandbox). It was working fine couple of days ago, but failed since I did a restart of my host machine (windows 10).

Expert Contributor

@Prasanna G

Hello, there has been another case with a similar issue under similar circumstances and the issue here seems to be that killing the docker process abruptly creates issues on the FS level.

Now that's bad news because these aren't straightforward to debug. You need to try and start the docker container with strace, find the actual system call that's failing and go from there.

Alternatively, much easier and probably faster is to re-import the sandbox.

Contributor

@glupu this is exactly what i did, re-imported a new sandbox (and deleted the previous one). The one thing i lost due to that is missed all my Zeppelin notebooks (should have take a bakcup of them).